In this episode, I talk about how to get unstuck in your business. By unstuck I mean how to shake the feeling that nothing is happening, and your business is not progressing like you expected. Sometimes you just feel overwhelmed and think that you’re a failure. I am going to talk about how to get your mind out of that mental state.
Have you ever gotten the feeling that you are stuck and your business is not moving forward? This is something that I have gone through many times. I know plenty of other entrepreneurs who have experienced similar feelings. In real estate, sometimes you just feel like you can’t find a good deal. Sometimes you feel like you are never going to get private money to do your deals. Other times you feel like, no matter what you do, something always goes wrong in your business.
I am going to give you a few techniques that I have used and a few that others have used to successfully break out of this funk. Every business experiences highs and lows. It’s critical that you work your way out of the low points and not give up. If you find yourself in a low point where you’re feeling negative or like you just can’t break free from the grips of despair, try one of these and see if you can turn it around.
- Get out of your house and go driving. Turn the radio on in your car and just relax. You don’t even need to think about your business at this point. You’re just trying to use driving and music to take your mind out of the negative mental place that you are in. Be sure to listen to upbeat music that you enjoy.
- Find out when the next real estate investing seminar in your area is, and go there and talk with other real estate investors. Surrounding yourself with other real estate investors who have similar goals will help inspire you when you’re not feeling inspired.
- Invite a fellow real estate investor to lunch. Tell them how you’re feeling. Chances are they have felt the same way many times and will be able to offer advice.
- Go for a walk. A little light exercise and fresh air can go a long way.
- Go to the gym. It’s a proven fact that exercise can put you in a better state of mind.
- Go to the drawer where you keep all of the business cards you have collected, and start contacting people that you have networked with at various events. Don’t ask them for anything, but rather see if there’s anything that you can do for them.
- Read a good book on real estate investing or just a book about business. I have found that biographies are good for inspiring me.
Basically change your routine and get out of your bubble.
Everyone goes through highs and lows in their business. Don’t let the lows crush you.