This week I am going to answer questions that have been emailed to me over the last several weeks.
In this episode, I discuss how much rehabbing is too much, and how to keep from losing sight of the goal of investing.
- Profit, profit, profit. Sorry to be so blunt, but it’s true.
- They call it real estate investing for a reason.
- This does not mean that you should not take pride in your properties.
- It does, however, mean that you should maintain your focus and always be thinking about ROI (Return On Investment).
- If you purchase a property and replace everything inside and out (windows, roof), paint the outside, completely re-landscape, and completely gut the inside of the house, you will most likely make the houses look beautiful, but also most likely will not make money. Or worse – you will lose money.
All of your properties should be safe and in good repair. Hopefully this goes without saying.
Ultimately, your responsibility to your investors is that you give them a good return on their investment. If you are financing the deal all by yourself, then you owe it to yourself.