Your friends and the people you surround yourself with are great people to use as sounding boards.
5 things that you should look for in a sounding board
- They don’t necessarily need to be a mentor or coach.
- They should be someone that you trust and respect.
- They don’t have to be in your industry, but should be someone who is successful in their industry.
- They should have your best interest at heart, but be willing to be brutally honest.
- They must be someone who is a good listener and who can help problem solve.
I have more than one sounding board. My main sounding board is my wife. I also have people in the real estate world that I use as a sounding board, and whose opinions I value highly.
I suggest that you find a sounding board; you should pick at least one person as soon as possible. Having a sounding board will make a difference in your business, and help you get over hurdles and through difficult times.