Should you put appliances in your flips?
Are appliances considered staging?
- Appliances could be considered staging.
- The kitchens and bathrooms are the most critical rooms.
- Appliances finish off probably the most important room.
I put appliances in all of my flips now, but I didn’t didn’t used to. Putting appliances in can be part of the rehab budget.
- They make the kitchen look much better; otherwise it looks kind of empty.
- They don’t have to be stainless, depending on the location.
- Scratches and dents:
- if dent or scratch is hidden – ok
- at the beginning of the project, start looking for sales
- should get: stove, hood (or built in microwave), refrigerator, and dishwasher
Even if you don’t do a lot of staging, kitchen appliances should be considered.
If you chose not to put them in, you can always offer them as incentive for buyers who are on the fence.