In this episode, I talk about the 10 things your realtor should be doing for you. I advise most beginning real estate investors to find a good realtor as soon as they launch their business. Not all realtors are created equal, and it’s important that you set your expectations right from the start. A good realtor should:
- send you qualified leads (no generic lists).
- communicate via your preferred method – email, text, phone.
- give you feedback on your rehab (based on their expertise).
- meet you at properties that you need to see in a timely manner.
- do market analysis on houses you bid on: in-depth ARV analysis.
- share market trends on your target market(s).
- offer to sign paperwork on your behalf (if desired).
- look at houses and offer rehab estimates if needed.
- always work on your behalf to give you more time if needed to evaluate a deal.
- introduce you to other investors/wholesalers in your area.
Again, please don’t march into your realtor’s office right off the bat and demand that they do all of these things. It is critical that you first provide value to the realtor, and then, over time, start introducing some of these concepts. Eventually, they will be doing all of them for you and you can watch your business take off!