Listen to this episode
In this episode, I talk about whether it makes more sense for a fix-and-flip real estate investor to do their own renovations, or to hire a general contractor.
Should you do the rehab yourself?
- Experienced investors do not do their own rehab.
- Rehab is not where an investor’s time is best spent.
- Investors need to generate leads and find money.
- Hold time is always longer when the investor does rehab – holding costs will kill you!
- If you are not a licensed builder, your work may not be to code.
- Might have to do a city inspection- need permits.
- Talk to experienced real estate investors and ask them if they do their own rehab.